- It is used to treat mastocytosis.
- It is used to treat food allergies.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
- If you have an allergy to this drug or any part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- If you have had a life-threatening reaction to foods before, talk with your doctor. You may need to use other drugs with this drug.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Wheezing or coughing.
- Muscle pain or weakness.
- Shortness of breath, a big weight gain, or swelling in the arms or legs.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Upset stomach.
- Belly pain.
- Keep taking this drug as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Take 15 to 20 minutes before meals.
- You may swallow whole or mix the contents of the capsule with water. It is best to mix this drug with water before taking. If mixing with water, mix as you have been told by your doctor. Take the mixture right away. Do not store for later use.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
- Take 30 minutes before meals and at bedtime.
- Do not swallow ampul. Open it and empty liquid into a glass of water. Mix and drink.
- Read the package insert for more details.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- Store in original container.
- Protect from light.
- Store in pouch until ready for use.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.