Androcur®; Androcur® Depot; Novo-Cyproterone
- It is used to treat prostate cancer.
- If you have an allergy to cyproterone or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have any of these health problems: Kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you are a woman.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), talk with your doctor.
- If you have heart disease, talk with your doctor.
- If you have mental illness, talk with your doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of infection like fever, chills, very bad sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, more sputum or change in color of sputum, pain with passing urine, mouth sores, or wound that will not heal.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad swelling or pain of hands or feet.
- Very bad belly pain.
- If you are planning to harm yourself or the want to harm yourself gets worse.
- Not able to eat.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Flushing. Wearing layers of clothes or summer clothes and staying in cool places may help.
- Lowered night eyesight may happen. Use care when driving or doing other tasks that call for clear eyesight. Keep work space well lit.
- Upset stomach or throwing up. Many small meals, good mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
- Enlarged breasts.
- Breast soreness.
- Skin irritation.
- Hair loss. Hair most often grows back when this drug is stopped.
- Change in sex ability.
- Harm to the liver may rarely happen.
- Take this drug at the same time of day.
- Take this drug with food.
- It is given as a shot into a muscle.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it and go back to your normal time.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Do not change the dose or stop this drug. Talk with the doctor.
- Store tablets at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- The shot will be given to you in a hospital or doctor’s office. You will not store it at home.
- Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call
Cyproterone©2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Generated on August 30, 2015