Dimethyl Sulfoxide Irrigation, USP; Kemsol; Rimso-50
- It is used to ease pain, swelling, and irritation of the bladder.
- This drug may be used on your skin for some problems caused by other drugs.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
- If you have an allergy to dimethyl sulfoxide or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Have an eye exam as you have been told by your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
For all uses of this drug:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
- Very bad bladder irritation.
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Bladder irritation.
- Skin odor and breath odor like a garlic-like taste has happened with this drug. This may last for up to 72 hours after you get this drug.
- Skin irritation.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. It is for use as a bladder rinse only.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. Use on your skin only.
- Call the doctor to find out what to do.
- This drug will be given to you in a hospital or doctor’s office. You will not store it at home.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.