This information explains how to use your smart device (smartphone or tablet) for your televisit at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK).
About Your Televisit
A televisit is when your healthcare provider uses technology to care for you without you having to travel to their office. During your televisit, you and your healthcare provider will see, hear, and talk with each other by video using MyMSK (MSK’s patient portal) on your smart device (smartphone or tablet) or computer. Your healthcare provider will be able to check how you’re doing, diagnose any problems you have, and come up with a treatment plan for you. Your video won’t be recorded or saved. For more information about televisits, read our resource Televisits at MSK.
To learn how to get the most out of your televisit, read our resource Tips for Your Televisit.
You will need an Internet connection for your televisit. This can be an Internet connection using Wi-Fi or your cellular network connection.Back to top
How to Use Your Smart Device for Your Televisit
- Log into your MyMSK (patient portal) account. You can do this by going to my.mskcc.org or by using your MyMSK app.
- On your homepage, click on messages.
- You will see a message from your healthcare provider with a link (see Figure 1). Click the link in the message.
- Next, you will need to let Cisco Jabber Guest access your camera by clicking “OK” (see Figure 2). This will let your healthcare provider see you during your televisit.
- You will also need to let Cisco Jabber Guest access your microphone by clicking “OK” on the next screen (see Figure 3). This will let your healthcare provider hear you during your televisit.
- Once the app is connected, you will see a call button on the bottom of your screen (see Figure 4). Click the call button to begin your televisit.