- Daily while your central venous catheter is in place.
- Before and after a surgery or procedure.
- If you are a patient in the ICU, have a hematological malignancy, or are getting a stem cell transplant.
Instructions for Using Hibiclens®
- If you are washing your hair, shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
- Wash your face with regular soap.
- Rinse your body with warm water from the neck down.
- Apply Hibiclens® to a washcloth or directly to the skin being cleansed. Wash gently. Do not dilute the Hibiclens®.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat yourself dry.
Important Points to Remember When Using Hibiclens®
- Do not use Hibiclens® on children who are younger than 2 months old.
- Do not use Hibiclens® if you are allergic to chlorhexidine.
- Do not use Hibiclens® on your face, ears, genital region, or on deep wounds.
- Do not use regular soap, lotion, powder, or deodorant after washing with Hibiclens®.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call 212-639-2000.