This information explains how to set up your Withings BPM Connect wireless blood pressure monitor. You will be able to take blood pressure measurements at home. They automatically will be sent to your Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) care team.
Home blood pressure monitoring is an easy and convenient way for you to share important health information with your MSK care team. The blood pressure measurements you take at home will help your care team make decisions about your care. They can use the measurements to help diagnose high blood pressure, or adjust your blood pressure medications.
To send the information from your monitor, you must first download a Withings Health Mate application (app) to your smartphone or tablet. Next, you will link the app to your MyMSK account. After you take your blood pressure, your care team can see your measurements in MyMSK, our patient portal.
To sign up for MyMSK, visit my.mskcc.org, call 646-227-2593, or call your doctor’s office for an enrollment ID. You can also watch our video How to Enroll in MyMSK: Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Patient Portal.
You will need the MyMSK app on your smartphone or tablet. If you don’t already have the MyMSK app, please download it now.Back to top
Buy a Withings BPM Connect
The first step is to buy a Withings BPM Connect device (see Figure 1). It is a blood pressure and heart rate monitor that can connect to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You can buy the monitor online.
How to Install the Withings Health Mate App
You must download the Withings Health Mate app from the iOS or Google Play Store (see Figure 2).
- Open the Health Mate app on your smartphone or tablet. You will see a notification pop-up (see Figure 3). Select your notification preference.
- Sign up for an account (see Figure 4). Tap the “Sign up” blue button. If you already have an account, log in.
- Create a new account. Tap “No product yet?” (see Figure 5).
- Go to the bottom of the screen. Tap “Log in with your e-mail” (see Figure 6).
- Enter your email address. Then create a password. Next, tap the top 2 selections about terms and privacy policies. Tap the “Sign Up” blue button (see Figure 7).
- Create your profile. Enter your first name, last name, sex, and date of birth. Tap “Next” (see Figure 8).
- Continue to create your profile. Enter your height and weight. Tap “Next” (see Figure 9).
Activate Your Withings Health Mate Account
- You will see a screen that asks you about activating Apple Health. Tap “Not now” on the left (see Figure 10).
- Tap the “Done” blue button (see Figure 11). You have activated your Health Mate account. It does not need account verification.
How to Connect Your Blood Pressure Monitor to Health Mate
You can now connect the BPM Connect monitor to your Health Mate account.
- From the menu at the bottom of the Home screen, tap “Devices” (see Figure 12).
- Tap the “Install a device” blue button (see Figure 13).
- Tap “Blood pressure monitors” (see Figure 14).
- Tap “BPM Connect” (see Figure 15).
- Tap the “Install” blue button (see Figure 16).
- Get your BPM Connect monitor. Place it near the smartphone or tablet that has the Health Mate app and your MyMSK app. Press and hold the monitor’s power button for 3 seconds. Your BPM Connect monitor will display “SETUP.” When it is powered on, tap the “Next” blue button (see Figure 17).
- You will see a blue light and “Setup” on your BPM Connect monitor. The Health Mate app will start to connect to the monitor (see Figure 18).
- When it connects to your monitor, the Health Mate screen will display “BPM Connect detected.” Tap the “Next” blue button (see Figure 19).
- When you see the prompt, tap the “Pair” blue button to pair the BPM Connect monitor to your smartphone or tablet (see Figure 20).
- When the Health Mate app has paired with your BPM Connect monitor, tap the “Next” blue button (see Figure 21).
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network. You must connect to Wi-Fi to send your blood pressure measurements to your care team. Go to the Wi-Fi selection screen (see Figure 22). Select a network and enter your password. You will see a screen that tells you your BPM Connect monitor is ready (see Figure 23).
For instructions on how to take your blood pressure measurements at home, read the resource How to Use Your Withings BPM Connect Blood Pressure Monitor.Back to top
If you need help with your Health Mate app or your BPM Connect, call your healthcare provider’s office.
If you need help with your MyMSK account or app, call the MyMSK help desk at 646-227-2593.Back to top