Alti-Ipratropium; Apo-Ipravent®; Atrovent®; Mylan-Ipratropium Solution
- It is used to ease allergy signs.
- If you have an allergy to ipratropium or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how this drug affects you.
- If you have had any recent nose surgery, injury, ulcers, or sores, talk with your doctor.
- If you get this drug in your eyes, rinse with water right away. Call your doctor right away if you get this drug in your eyes and you get blurred eyesight, worsened glaucoma, or eye pain.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad nose irritation.
- Bad nosebleeds.
- Sudden change in eyesight or the way you see color. Objects may have yellow/green halos.
- Nose irritation.
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. Use in your nose only. Keep out of your mouth and eyes (may burn).
- Prime pump by spraying 7 sprays before the first use or if not used for more than 7 days. Prime pump by spraying 2 sprays if not used for more than 24 hours.
- Blow your nose before use.
- Close 1 nostril.
- Tilt your head forward a little.
- Put nose spray tube into other nostril.
- While breathing in through the nose, press down once to release spray.
- Breathe out from your mouth.
- Spray up the nose only. Do not spray onto the wall joining the two nostrils.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call 212-639-2000.
Ipratropium (Nasal)©2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Generated on November 29, 2015