- It is used to treat head lice.
- It is used to treat rosacea.
- If your child has an allergy to this drug or any part of this drug.
- If your child is allergic to any drugs like this one or any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
If your child is breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is breast-feeding a baby or plans to breast-feed a baby.
- Tell all of your child’s health care providers that your child is taking this drug. This includes your child’s doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
If your child is pregnant:
- Tell the doctor if your child is pregnant or becomes pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of your child using this drug while pregnant.
- Do not give this drug to an infant younger than 6 months of age.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.
- Very bad burning or burning that does not go away.
- If live lice are seen after 7 days.
- Irritation where this drug is used.
- Dry skin.
- Eye irritation.
- Follow how to give this drug as you have been told by your child’s doctor or read the package insert.
- Do not give by mouth. Use on your child’s scalp and hair only. Keep out of your child’s mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If this drug gets in any of these areas, have your child rinse well with water.
- Do not wet hair before putting on lotion.
- Rub into your child’s dry hair and scalp all the way.
- Wash your hands after use.
- Leave on your child’s hair and scalp for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, fully rinse your child’s hair and scalp with water only.
- Throw away any part not used after use.
- After using this drug, wait 24 hours before using shampoo on hair and scalp.
- Use special nit comb or tweezers to get rid of dead nits (lice eggs) from hair.
- Wash all bedding, towels, and recently worn clothes in hot water or have them dry cleaned.
- Wash all combs, brushes, and hair clips in hot water.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Do not give by mouth. Use on your child’s skin only. Keep out of your child’s mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Avoid getting this drug in the eyes or on the lips.
- Do not put in the vagina.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- Put the cap back on after your child is done using a dose.
- Most of the time, only one dose of this drug is needed. If you forget to put on the dose, put it on as soon as you think about it.
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your child’s next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your child’s normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- If your child’s symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child’s doctor.
- Do not share your child’s drug with others and do not give anyone else’s drug to your child.
- Keep a list of all your child’s drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your child’s doctor.
- Talk with your child’s doctor before giving your child any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your child’s doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.