Advanced Probiotic [OTC]; Bacid [OTC]; Culturelle [OTC]; Dofus [OTC]; Flora-Q [OTC]; Floranex [OTC]; Kala [OTC]; Lactinex [OTC]; Lacto-Bifidus [OTC]; Lacto-Key [OTC]; Lacto-Pectin [OTC]; Lacto-TriBlend [OTC]; Megadophilus [OTC]; MoreDophilus [OTC]; Pedia-Lax Probiotic Yums [OTC]; ReZyst IM; Risa-Bid [OTC]; RisaQuad [OTC]; RisaQuad-2 [OTC]; Superdophilus [OTC]; Visbiome [OTC]; VSL #3 [OTC]; VSL #3-DS
Bacid; Bio-K+; Fermalac
- It is used to keep the normal balance of bacteria in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
- If you have an allergy to Lactobacillus or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you are on a lactose-free diet, talk with your doctor. Some products have lactose.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), check labels closely. Some products have sugar.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Tablets and capsules:
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Swallow capsule whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
- You may sprinkle contents of capsule on soft food or liquid. Do not chew.
Chewable tablets and wafers:
- Chew well before swallowing.
- Drink a small amount of water, milk, or fruit juice after you swallow this drug.
- Mix with cereal, food, or milk.
- Do not mix this drug with warm or hot food or drinks.
- Mix with water as you have been told before drinking.
- You may also mix the powder with applesauce or yogurt.
- Do not mix this drug in warm or hot drinks.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this drug is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
- Follow how to store closely.
- Some brands of this drug need to be stored in a refrigerator. Some brands of this drug need to be stored at room temperature. If you have questions about how to store this drug, talk with your pharmacist.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.