Clear Eyes Redness Relief [OTC]; GoodSense Redness Relief Plus [OTC]
Albalon; Clear Eyes; Diopticon; Naphcon Forte; Odan-Naphazoline; Redness Eye Drops; Refresh Redness Relief; Soothe Redness
- It is used to ease allergy signs.
- It is used to treat eye irritation.
- If your child has an allergy to this drug or any part of this drug.
- If your child is allergic to any drugs like this one or any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If your child has taken certain drugs used for low mood (depression) like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, or tranylcypromine or drugs used for certain other health problems in the last 14 days. Taking this drug within 14 days of those drugs can cause very bad high blood pressure.
- Tell all of your child’s health care providers that your child is taking this drug. This includes your child’s doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have your child use care when doing tasks that call for clear eyesight.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
If your child is pregnant or breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is pregnant, becomes pregnant, or is breast-feeding a baby. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
- Larger pupils.
- Eye irritation.
- For the eye only.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- Have your child take out contact lenses before using this drug. Talk with the doctor to see when lenses may be put back in after this drug is given. Do not put lenses back in if your child’s eyes are irritated or infected.
- Do not touch the container tip to your child’s eye, lid, or other skin.
- Tilt your child’s head back and to the side of affected eye.
- After giving this drug, ask your child to keep eyes closed. Put light pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your child’s eye.
- Put the cap back on after your child is done using a dose.
- If your child uses this drug on a regular basis, give a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your child’s next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your child’s normal time.
- Do not give 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this drug is given on an as needed basis. Do not give to your child more often than told by the doctor.
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- If your child’s symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child’s doctor.
- Do not share your child’s drug with others and do not give anyone else’s drug to your child.
- Keep a list of all your child’s drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your child’s doctor.
- Talk with your child’s doctor before giving your child any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your child’s doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.