Kwellada-P [OTC]; Nix [OTC]
- It is used to treat scabies.
- It is used to treat lice.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
- If you have an allergy to permethrin, chrysanthemums, or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Trouble breathing.
- A burning or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Itching. Talk to the doctor about what to do.
- Scalp irritation.
- Skin irritation.
- Follow how to use carefully.
- Do not use on people or animals.
- For use on non-washable items only.
- Spray on infested part and let dry all the way.
- Vacuum rugs and carpets. Throw away vacuum cleaner bags after use.
All other products:
- Follow how to take this drug as you have been told by your doctor. Do not use more than you were told to use.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Wash all bedding, towels, and recently worn clothes in hot water or have them dry cleaned.
- Put a thin layer on the skin from the neck to the toes. Put in the skin folds, creases, and spaces between the fingers and toes.
- Put under fingernails.
- Trim fingernails short.
- Put cream under nails with a toothbrush. Throw away toothbrush after use.
- Wear light clothing while this drug is on your skin.
- Do not let your skin touch anyone else’s skin while wearing the cream.
- After 8 to 14 hours, fully wash cream from skin using warm, soapy water.
Cream rinse and lotion:
- Shampoo hair, rinse, and towel dry before use. Use a shampoo without a conditioner.
- Shake well before use.
- Lightly coat hair and scalp.
- Work into hair and scalp gently.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Do not cover head while cream rinse or lotion is on hair.
- After 10 minutes, put a little bit of warm water on hair and lather.
- Rinse fully.
- Wash your hands after use.
- Dry with a towel.
- Use special nit comb or tweezers to get rid of dead nits (lice eggs) from hair.
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- Store at room temperature. Throw away any part not used after use.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call 212-639-2000.