A-200 Lice Treatment Kit [OTC]; A-200 Maximum Strength [OTC]; LiceMD Complete [OTC]; LiceMD Treatment [OTC]; Licide [OTC]; Pronto Plus Complete Lice Removal System [OTC]; RID Lice Elimination Essentials [OTC]; RID Lice Killing [OTC]; RID Lice Treatment Complete [OTC]
Pronto Lice Control; R & C II; R & C Shampoo/Conditioner; RID Mousse
- It is used to treat lice.
- If you have an allergy to pyrethrins, piperonyl butoxide, ragweed, chrysanthemums, or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this drug. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This drug may cause harm if swallowed. If this drug is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.
- Eye irritation.
- Irritation where this drug is used.
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- Do not take this drug by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If you get this drug in any of these areas, rinse well with water.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Do not wet hair or affected part with water before putting on.
- Lightly coat hair or affected part.
- Work into hair and scalp or affected skin gently.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Do not cover while this drug is on.
- After 10 minutes, use a little warm water and soap or shampoo on hair and lather.
- Rinse fully.
- Dry with a towel.
- Use special nit comb or tweezers to get rid of dead nits (lice eggs) from hair.
- Wash all bedding, towels, and recently worn clothes in hot water or have them dry cleaned.
- Shake well before use.
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.