Florastor® Kids [OTC]; Florastor® [OTC]; ReZyst SB [DSC]
- It is used to help with bowel health and keep normal bowel function.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
- If you have an allergy to Saccharomyces boulardii or any other part of this drug.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you are allergic to yeast, talk with the doctor.
- If you are taking a drug to treat a fungal infection (antifungal).
- If you have a certain type of catheter (central line).
- Tell dentists, surgeons, and other doctors that you use this drug.
- If you are on a lactose-free diet, talk with your doctor. Some products have lactose.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Swallow whole with a full glass of water.
- You may empty the contents on your tongue. Follow with a drink of water or juice.
- You may sprinkle contents on applesauce or other soft food.
- You may add the contents to drinks like water, orange or apple juice, milk, or formula.
- Do not mix in any carbonated or very hot drinks or food. Do not mix in any drinks or food that contain alcohol.
- If mixing with drinks or food, take within 30 minutes of mixing. Do not store for future use.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else’s drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call
Saccharomyces boulardii©2015 Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Generated on October 9, 2015