Anectine; Quelicin; Quelicin-1000 [DSC]
- Very bad and sometimes deadly muscle problems, high potassium levels, a heartbeat that is not normal, and heart attack have rarely happened with this drug in children and teenagers. These children and teenagers were found to have a certain muscle problems. Talk with the doctor.
- It is used to calm muscles during surgery.
- It is used to calm muscles while on a breathing machine.
- If your child has an allergy to this drug or any part of this drug.
- If your child is allergic to any drugs like this one or any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell the doctor about the allergy and what signs your child had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If your child or a family member has had muscle problems or a certain health problem called malignant hyperthermia. Signs of malignant hyperthermia include a very high fever, a fast heartbeat, muscle stiffness, and trouble breathing.
- If your child has had a recent burn, nerve injury, or other injury.
- Tell all of your child’s health care providers that your child is taking this drug. This includes your child’s doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Very bad and sometimes deadly allergic side effects have rarely happened. Talk with your child’s doctor.
- Use with care in children. Talk with the doctor.
If your child is pregnant or breast-feeding a baby:
- Talk with the doctor if your child is pregnant, becomes pregnant, or is breast-feeding a baby. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this drug.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of a high potassium level like a heartbeat that does not feel normal; change in thinking clearly and with logic; feeling weak, lightheaded, or dizzy; feel like passing out; numbness or tingling; or shortness of breath.
- Slow heartbeat.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Very bad headache.
- Muscle pain.
- Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Chest pain or pressure.
- More eye pressure.
- Trouble breathing, slow breathing, or shallow breathing.
- This drug may cause a very bad and sometimes deadly problem called malignant hyperthermia. Call the doctor right away if your child has a fast heartbeat, fast breathing, fever, or spasm or stiffness of the jaw muscles.
- It is given as a shot into a muscle or vein.
- Call your child’s doctor to find out what to do.
- If you need to store this drug at home, talk with your child’s doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
- If your child’s symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your child’s doctor.
- Do not share your child’s drug with others and do not give anyone else’s drug to your child.
- Keep a list of all your child’s drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your child’s doctor.
- Talk with your child’s doctor before giving your child any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your child’s doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.