This information explains how to get ready for your televisit at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK). These instructions are only for personal computers (PC) using Chrome or Firefox. You won’t be able to use Internet Explorer.
If you have an Apple® computer, such as a MacBook, the instructions in this resource won’t work for you. For instructions on how to install Jabber Guest on your Apple computer, read Getting Ready for Your Televisit: Using Cisco Jabber Guest on Your Apple Computer.
If you’re using a smart device (smartphone or tablet), read Getting Ready for Your Televisit: Using Your Smart Device.Back to top
About Your Televisit
A televisit is when your healthcare provider uses technology to care for you without you having to travel to their office. During your televisit, you and your healthcare provider will see, hear, and talk with each other using Cisco Jabber™ Guest software. Your healthcare provider will be able to check how you’re doing, diagnose any problems you have, and come up with a treatment plan for you. Your video won’t be recorded or saved.Back to top
Getting Ready for Your Televisit
Before your televisit, you will need to sign a consent form. For information about the consent form and how to sign it, read our resource How to Sign Your Telehealth Consent Form.
You will also need to install Cisco Jabber Guest on your PC by following the steps in this resource. This may take some time so you should do this a few hours before your appointment. You will only need to do this once on each computer you use for your televisit.
If you would like to have your friend, family member, or an interpreter join your call, let the Office Coordinator who scheduled your appointment know.Back to top
Steps to Install Cisco Jabber Guest
Follow the steps in this section to install Cisco Jabber Guest on your PC.
Log into your MyMSK account. You can do this by going to my.mskcc.org.
- If you don’t have a MyMSK account, you can visit my.mskcc.org, call 646-227-2593, or call your doctor’s office for an enrollment ID. You can also watch our video How to Enroll in MyMSK: Memorial Sloan Kettering's Patient Portal.
- If your caregiver manages your MyMSK account for you, ask them for your login information or have them help you.
- On your homepage, click on “All Appointments” (see Figure 1).
- You will see a list of all the appointments you have scheduled. Click the link next to your appointment (see Figure 2). This link will only be available on the day of your appointment.
- Let MyMSK access your camera so that your healthcare provider can see you by clicking the “Allow” button (see Figure 3).
- Before your televisit, check that your speakers are working by clicking the play button on your screen (see Figure 4). Make sure that your speakers aren’t muted and that your volume is high enough so that you can hear it.
- Make sure that your camera is working by checking if you see yourself on your screen. If you don’t, you may need to adjust your video settings.
- Once you’re ready, click the “Start My Call” button on your screen (see Figure 5).
- If you’re using a Chrome or Firefox web browser, you will need to get the Cisco Jabber Guest extension. Click the “Download” button to start downloading it (see Figure 6).
- Then, click the “Add to Chrome” button (see Figure 7).
- On the next screen, click the “Add extension” button (see Figure 8).
- Click the “Download” button to open and run the add on for Cisco Jabber Guest (see Figure 9).
- Next, you will need to save the file by clicking the “Save” button. When it’s finished downloading, open it by clicking the file.
- Then, you will need to let Cisco Jabber Guest access your camera and microphone by clicking the “Always Allow” button (see Figure 10).
- Once Cisco Jabber Guest is connected, you should be able to see yourself on your screen. Click the “Call” button to start your televisit (see Figure 11).
Understanding the Buttons
You may need to use the buttons below during your visit (see Figure 12).
- The keypad is what you press when you need to dial a number. You won’t need to use this during your televisit.
- The full screen button will make your video fill your whole screen or make your screen small.
- The mute button is used to mute and unmute your microphone. When you’re muted, your healthcare provider can’t hear you.
- The video button switches your video on and off.
- The self-view button switches your view of your own video on and off.
- The share button is used to share your screen with your healthcare provider. You can use this to share a picture or a document with your healthcare provider.
- You can press the end call button when you want to end your call.