This information explains how to use the Cisco Jabber™ Guest application (app) for your televisit at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK). These instructions are only for personal computers (PC) using Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
If you have an Apple® computer, such as a MacBook, the instructions in this resource won’t work on your computer. For instructions on how to install Jabber Guest on your Apple computer, read our resource Getting Ready for Your Televisit: Using Cisco Jabber Guest on Your Apple Computer.
About Your Televisit
A televisit is when your healthcare provider uses technology to care for you without you having to travel to their office. During your televisit, you and your healthcare provider will see, hear, and talk with each other using the Cisco Jabber Guest app. Your healthcare provider will be able to check how you’re doing, diagnose any problems you have, and come up with a treatment plan for you. For more information about televisits, read our resource Televisits at MSK.
Before your visit, follow the steps in this resource to install the app on your PC. You will only need to do this once on each computer you use for your televisits. Your video won’t be recorded or saved.
For more information about how to get the most out of your televisit, read our resource Tips for Your Televisit.
You will need an Internet connection for your televisit and to install Cisco Jabber Guest. This can be an Internet connection using Wi-Fi or your cellular network connection.Back to top
Steps to Install Cisco Jabber Guest on Your PC
Follow the steps below to install Cisco Jabber Guest on your PC.
- Log into your MyMSK (patient portal) account. You can do this by going to my.mskcc.org.
- If you don’t have a MyMSK account, visit my.mskcc.org or call 646-227-2593 to sign up. For more information, talk with your healthcare provider or watch the video How to Enroll in the Patient Portal: MyMSK.
- If your caregiver manages your MyMSK account for you, make sure they’re with you during your televisit so they can help you.
- On your homepage, click on messages.
- You should have a message from your healthcare provider with a link (see Figure 1). Click the link in the message. You can also copy and paste the link into your browser.
- If you’re using the Chrome web browser, you will see the Cisco Jabber Guest setup page. Click the “Download” button to start downloading Cisco Jabber Guest (see Figure 2). If you’re using a web browser other than Chrome, you can skip this step.
- On the next screen, click the “Add extension” button (see Figure 3).
- On the next screen, click the “Download” button to open and run the download for Cisco Jabber Guest (see Figure 4).
- Next, you will need to let Cisco Jabber Guest access your camera and microphone by clicking the “Always Allow” button (see Figure 5). This will let your healthcare provider see and hear you during your televisit.
- Once Cisco Jabber Guest is connected, you will see yourself and a call button on the bottom of your screen (see Figure 6). Click on the “Call” button to start your televisit.
Understanding the Buttons
You may need to use the buttons below during your visit (see Figure 7).
- The keypad is what you press when you need to dial a number. You won’t need to use this during your call.
- The full screen button will make your video fill your whole screen or make your screen small.
- The mute button is used to mute and unmute your microphone. When you’re muted, your healthcare provider can’t hear you.
- The video button switches your video on and off.
- The self-view button switches your view of your own video on and off.
- The share button is used to share your screen with your healthcare provider. You can use this to share a picture or a document with your healthcare provider.
- You can press the end call button when you want to end your call.