This information provides tips to help you get the most out of your televisit.Back to top
About Your Televisit
A televisit is when your healthcare provider uses technology to care for you without you having to travel to their office. During your televisit, you and your healthcare provider will see, hear, and talk with each other by video using MyMSK (MSK’s patient portal) on your smart device (smartphone or tablet) or computer. Your healthcare provider will be able to check how you’re doing, diagnose any problems you have, and come up with a treatment plan for you. Your video won’t be recorded or saved.
If you’d like to have your friend or family member join your televisit, let the Office Coordinator who scheduled your appointment know. For more information about televisits, read our resource Televisits at MSK.Back to top
Language Assistance Program
At MSK, we know our patients and families come from diverse backgrounds and speak different languages.
If English isn’t your preferred language, tell the Office Coordinator who scheduled your appointment. They will arrange for an interpreter to join your televisit. You won’t be billed for having an interpreter included in your televisit.
- Interpret any language, including sign language
- Are available 24 hours a day
- Can assist you by video or by telephone
Before Your Televisit
Follow the tips below to get ready for your televisit.
- You can use your smart device (smartphone or tablet) or computer (PC or Apple computer) for your televisit.
- If you’re using your computer, make sure you have Cisco Jabber Guest on your computer. Installing the software may take some time, so it’s important to do this the day before your appointment.
- If you’re using a smart device, make sure you have the MyMSK app installed on your device.
- You will need to sign a consent form. You can speak with your healthcare provider for more information about the consent form.
- You will need to log onto your MyMSK account to start your televisit, so have your username and password ready. If your friend or family member manages your MyMSK account for you, ask them for your login information or have them help you.
- You will need an Internet connection or cellular service for your visit. Test out your connection or cellular service to make sure it’s working.
- Make sure you let Cisco Jabber Guest access your camera and microphone so your healthcare provider can see and hear you.
- Find a quiet and private space away from the public to have your televisit.
- Make sure this space has good lighting so your healthcare provider can see you. Lighting should be in front of you, not behind you.
- Check that your speakers, camera, and microphone are on and working.
- Make sure your device is charged or is connected to power and charging.
- Turn down the volume on any radios, TVs, or other devices in the area.
- If you’re using a smart device, put it in landscape mode. This will help your healthcare provider see you better. You can also place your device on a stand or prop it up with books so it stays still.
During Your Televisit
- During your televisit, it’s important to stay in one place to avoid losing your Internet connection or cellular service. Don’t have your visit while you’re walking around.
- Make sure the camera is pointed at you and you can see the screen clearly.
- Once you’re connected, you should be able to see and hear your healthcare provider, Interpreter, and yourself. If you don’t, call your healthcare provider.
- There may be a slight delay in the video and audio during your visit. This is normal.
- At the end of your visit, ask your healthcare provider any questions you have about your care.