Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers.
The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, a group made up of 35 doctoral and MS level biostatisticians, is seeking a highly motivated and successful individual to join them at the doctoral level in the newly created track of Principal Biostatistician. The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
- Participate in collaborative research between the Biostatistics Service and one or more of clinical, translational and basic science groups in the institution;
- Depending on the nature of the collaboration, take full responsibility for all aspects of the collaboration, or participate along with a faculty biostatistician;
- In the context of a collaboration study, supervise the work of a research biostatistician or a data analyst.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language (such as SAS, Stata, and R)
- Experience of collaborative research (including creating and maintaining data files, writing application programs within a statistical software, analyzing data, interpreting the results, and contributing to manuscript writing).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to statistical collaborations with medical and basic science investigators
Please attach in your application (1) CV, (2) a letter outlining your interest, and (3) names/contact information of three references.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.