Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Office of Career and Professional Development works to enhance the professional development of our graduate students and postdoctoral trainees while assisting the MSK faculty in training the next generation of leading biomedical scientists.
Our goal is to prepare you for success during your training and help you plan for a fulfilling career wherever you want to go next — academia, industry, business, or government. We offer career support in a number of ways, including:
- Providing professional development workshops, seminars, and courses to complement your training at the bench
- Teaching you how to effectively search and interview for jobs
- Helping you learn about a variety of career paths that are available to biomedical PhDs through panel discussions and networking events
- Individual career counseling
Individual Career Consultation
We offer individual career consultation to all students and postdocs at MSK. During these sessions, we may assist you with the following:
- Guiding your initial career exploration
- Helping you get started with your job search
- Reviewing and critiquing your resume, CV, cover letter, or teaching statement
- Setting up mock interviews
- Helping you evaluate and negotiate a job offer
- Helping you overcome professional challenges in your graduate or postdoc training
How to Make an Appointment
Request an appointment by emailing us at SKIOCPD@mskcc.org. Most consultations will be made during the Office of Career and Professional Development office hours, which are on Wednesdays from 3:00 to 5:00 pm and Fridays from 8:00 to 11:00 am. Appointments are 45 minutes each.
Once you schedule an appointment, we’ll send you an assessment to complete prior to the meeting. The assessment form will allow us to better serve your needs.
Office of Career and Professional Development Staff
Thomas Magaldi, PhD, Administrator
Sandy Guiot, Administrative Assistant
Office of Career and Professional Development,
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Please note. The Office of Career and Professional Development serves students and postdocs who are currently affiliated with Memorial Sloan Kettering.