The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs is dedicated to enhancing the academic, collegial, and professional environment for postdoctoral trainees at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. The office serves as a resource for current and prospective postdoctoral trainees as well as for faculty and administrators.
We strive to prepare our postdoctoral researchers with the training and skills they need to pursue rewarding careers in academia, industry, and other professional positions.
What We Do
- Provide a central office to answer questions and address concerns related to postdoctoral affairs
- Establish, maintain, and evaluate postdoctoral policies
- Organize and host postdoctoral researcher orientations. See a list of upcoming dates.
- Work through the Research Fellow Advisory Council to develop programs that provide a lively and supportive training environment
- Partner with the Postdoctoral Association to provide advice and support as needed
- Organize annual professional Career Development Seminars
- Maintain New York Academy of Sciences membership for all new incoming postdoctoral researchers
- Network with the National Postdoctoral Association and academic institutions to benchmark our programs and share information about our common goals
- Develop programs to help cultivate a diverse trainee population
- Advocate for postdoctoral trainees on a broad range of issues
- Facilitate professional and social networking among our postdocs and with others in the research community by organizing social and academic activities
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs Staff
Ushma S. Neill, PhD
Vice President, Scientific Education and Training
Administrator, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Thomas G. Magaldi
Administrator, Office of Career and Professional Development
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs