This course is designed to provide an important annual educational forum for Hem/Onc doctors in the New York area who might not otherwise have an opportunity to obtain this information meant ultimately to enhance the care provided to patients. The ultimate objective of this activity is to enhance physician understanding of the disease state and treatment advances for the benefit of patients.
Upon completion of this conference, attendees will have a strong understanding of:
- Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
- The New Generation of Oral Anticoagulants
- Common Hereditary Bleeding Disorders: Hemophilia and von Willebrand Disease
- Role of Platelets in Hemostasis, Thrombosis, and Inflammation
- The Science Behind Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)