Are you interested in teaching science to undergraduate students? Have you thought about conducting research in way that not only advances science but also helps train students to problem solve and think analytically?
Then come learn about careers in undergraduate education. During this panel discussion, you will hear from experts with experience teaching and conducting research at small liberal arts, community, and city colleges.
During this panel discussion you will learn about:
- Different institutions that hire PhDs to teach undergraduate students
- The realities of the undergraduate college job market
- How to develop your teaching skills as a graduate student and postdoc
- What undergraduate colleges look for in competitive candidates
- Preparing applications for undergraduate colleges
This event is open to the Tri-Institutional student and postdoc community.