After completion of this module, participants should be able to:
- Describe melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer incidence and behavior.
- Define factors contributing to behavior and outcome of skin cancers
- Define characteristics of skin cancers that require aggressive treatment.
- Understand benefits, limitations, and integration of different modalities used in the treatment of advanced skin cancers.
- Understand novel approaches to optimize surgical treatment of skin cancers
- Understand role and variety of radiotherapeuticapproaches to complex skin cancers
- Understand role of biological therapy in the treatmentof advanced skin cancers
- Understand the optimal approaches towards reconstruction of defects resulting from resection of skin cancers
Physicians and allied health professionals, who care for patients with advanced skin cancer, including dermatologists, surgical oncologists, otolaryngologists, general surgeons and plastic surgeons.
MSK is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.