During cancer treatment, you may experience your physical body in a different way. Yoga can help you reconnect to your body, treat yourself with compassion and loving-kindness, and feel the strength and light that you carry inside. Dance/movement therapy can support this process as you re-engage with your body safely and joyfully while connecting with experiences that may be difficult to describe in words. In this workshop combining dance with the grounding practice of yoga, an MSK yoga instructor and an MSK dance/movement therapist will guide you through activities and exercises to help you feel more at ease in your body and bring you to a place of awareness, forgiveness, and acceptance.
Audience: This class is open to people who have been treated for cancer and their caregivers.
- Clare Patterson, E-RYT, certified Yoga 4 Cancer™ instructor
- Jennifer Whitley, MS, BC-DMT, LCAT, CMA
Date: Sunday, December 10, 2023
This workshop is taught online through Zoom, a videoconference system
You will need to use:
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection, or a tablet, such as an iPad, or a smartphone.
- A webcam, speaker, and microphone. If you do not have a microphone and speaker, you can participate in the class by phone. You will receive the phone number once you register.
- Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser