You already have some research funding, and you understand the basics when it comes to grant writing. This workshop will take your skills to the next level so you can improve your success rate and prepare for larger scale awards.
We will focus on:
- team building and the people skills that lead to successful collaborations and keep a larger research group on track and productive, including multi-institutional and international collaborations;
- planning program project and center proposals and how they differ in size and scope from an R01 or its equivalent;
- multi-principal investigator projects and when that approach may work best;
- risks and benefits of novel ideas and how to convince sponsors that the value of the science justifies the risks; and
- best practices in working with sponsors, such as building a network of program officials, serving on study sections, ensuring your proposal is assigned to the most qualified reviewers, and learning early about upcoming funding opportunities.
This seminar is for members of the Tri-Institutional Research Community.