The goal of the workshop is to provide guidance on applications for NIH career development (“K”) and training (“F”) awards.
By the completion of these sessions, participants will be able to:
- Choose the appropriate type of career development or training award for their career stage and situation.
- Complete an application for a NIH career development or training award.
- Submit an application using strategies for a successful grant proposal.
General Workshop: Steps to a Competitive Application
(Morning session: 9:00 - 11:30 am)
- Navigating NIH: an overview of NIH and the grant review process
- Mock Study Section: a demonstration of a study section panel by invited faculty
- 15 Steps to the Payline: a stepwise guide to preparing a successful application
- Questions & Discussion of Grant Strategies
Know Your Award
(Afternoon session: 1:00 - 4:00 pm)
- Know Your NRSA (1:00-2:00 pm)
A guide to individual Pre- and Post-doctoral (F) Awards
- Know Your K (2:00-3:00 pm)
A guide to Basic and Clinical Career Development Awards (K01, K08, K23, K25)
- Know Your Kangaroo (3:00-4:00 pm)
A guide to Career Transition Awards for Postdocs (K99/R00, K22)
This program is for the Tri-Institutional research community.