The goal of this conference is to present and discuss current information on critical care medicine.
At the conclusion of the educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the likely and unlikely etiological organisms and various therapeutic regimens for common intraabdominal infections
- Define and describe the management and etiology of delirium
- Describe the proper uses and misunderstandings of Ambu bags, and incentive spirometers
- Describe the common post-operative complications and management
- Describe methods to overcome barriers to palliative care and provide symptom management for the critically ill patient at end of life
- Describe the major complications following common ICU IR procedures and the management and preventive treatment afterward
- Discuss pearls in critical care imaging of the brain, neck and spine.
- Describe common and uncommon abnormalities found on ultrasonography
- Discuss three ICU cases and recognize the use of advanced cardiac, pulmonary and hematologic assessments