Memorial Sloan Kettering patient representatives are here to advocate for you. We are committed to helping making sure that:
- your privacy is protected
- your rights are respected
- your concerns are quickly and effectively addressed
Our representatives can speak on your behalf and represent your interests. We can also answer questions about hospital rules and procedures. We can be most helpful to you when you let us know about a situation while it is occurring rather than after it’s happened, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you believe your right to privacy has been violated in any way, we encourage you to contact a patient representative.
You can also:
- Contact the MSK Compliance Department’s Privacy Office. You can call us at 646-227-2056, email us at email@example.com, or mail us a letter at the Privacy Office, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065.
- Notify the New York State Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Report an incident or concern to the Joint Commission, a nonprofit organization that accredits healthcare organizations and programs in the United States.
- Contact Livanta LLC, a quality improvement organization that works under the direction of an agency of the US Department of Health and Human Services, if you have Medicare.
Regardless of how you file a privacy complaint, no one will punish you or take action against you for doing so.