When you’re too tired to prepare a balanced meal in the kitchen, this recipe will come in handy. It doesn’t require much effort and you can rest while the fish and asparagus bake.
6 to 8 spears asparagus, rinsed and with woody stems snapped off
1 4-ounce white fish fillet (sea bass, cod, halibut, or pollack)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon mixed fresh herbs (thyme, dill, basil, tarragon, and/or cilantro)
1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut one piece of parchment paper large enough to form a pouch around the fish.
- Spread asparagus in middle of paper.
- Pat fish dry and place it on top of asparagus.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dried herbs.
- Top with several slices of lemon.
- Fold parchment completely over the fish to cover all ingredients, crimping the edges to ensure it is sealed.
- Transfer pouch to a baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake until fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes.