Sometimes the most delicious pasta dishes are the simplest ones to make, and that happens to be the case with this summery salad flavored with citrus and scallions. For extra protein, add cooked chicken or shrimp.
- Thoroughly rinse fresh produce under warm running water for 20 seconds. Scrub to remove excess dirt.
- Finely grate the zest of 1 lemon and set aside. Juice both lemons into a large bowl, then whisk in olive oil. Add zest, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Add scallions and whisk to combine.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to cool down.
- Add cooled pasta to the large bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Let stand in refrigerator for up to two hours. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
*Cooked shrimp should be 145 degrees Fahrenheit or higher using an instant-read thermometer placed in the middle of the largest piece.
*Cooked chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit or higher using an instant-read thermometer placed in the middle of the largest piece.
*Cooking time: 25 minutes, plus 2 hours for dressing to cool