Required Application Materials
International students must submit a check in US dollars (drawn on a US bank), US travelers cheque, or international money order made payable to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. We do not accept wire transfers or credit card payments.
- Status or year in school. Applicants must currently be in their final year (last 12 months). Expected date of graduation
- Academic standing- all letters must verify that you are in good standing
- School’s authorization that you may participate in electives at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and that you will receive academic credit for your elective(s)
- Approved dates for Memorial Sloan Kettering elective training
- Education: medical, graduate, and undergraduate school
- Academic honors and awards
- Employment history
- Language skills (proficiency in both conversational and medical English is mandatory)
Attn: Medical Student Coordinator
- If accepted, you must submit the following documents at least four weeks in advance of your start or your elective placement(s) will be canceled:
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center health attestation form.
- Proof of health insurance for the period of the elective displaying the dates of coverage and benefits.
- Proof of Malpractice Insurance coverage for your entire elective. Coverage must be provided by a US agent offering medical student malpractice insurance. Your proof of coverage must contain the company’s location and the terms of your policy, dates of coverage, and amounts per incident and aggregate in US dollars.
- All approved students will need to apply for a Letter of Eligibility (LOE) from the New York State Education Department (NYSED). Students must submit a check for 30 USD to the NYSED with their LOE application (only checks are accepted).
- All approved students will need to submit proof of New York State approved infection control training. Instructions on how to be obtain training will be included in your acceptance email. Training currently costs 25 USD.
If you have further questions, please refer to the FAQ section below: