Sign up to receive an email notification when the 2016 Summer Fellowship projects and application are available.
- Due to our funding sources, only first- or second-year medical students in good academic standing at LCME- or COCA-accredited US medical schools are eligible to apply.
- Projects are to be carried out during one of the program’s eight-week periods, during which participants must not have any other academic commitments. If you are in the process of repeating a course or will need to repeat a course during which the summer, you are not eligible to participate in this program.
- If you are not a US citizen, you must provide evidence of your eligibility to participate in the program by the award acceptance deadline.
Students may apply for up to two projects. As part of the review process, some faculty may request a phone interview. Selection criteria include:
- Demonstrated academic and research background related to the project(s)
- Interest in the specific project(s), as stated in the applicant’s admissions essay
Applicants are not permitted to contact individual faculty sponsors during the application process. Applicants who do not abide by this policy will be disqualified from consideration.