1. Who is eligible for the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Medical Student Summer Fellowship Research Program?
- Applicants must be in their first- or second-year of medical school at an accredited US medical schools.
- Students must be in good academic standing. Students who are repeating a course or will need to repeat a course during the summer are not eligible to participate. To verify their standing, students must submit a letter of good standing as part of their application.
- Participants must provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the US by the award acceptance deadline in order to participate in the Summer Fellowship Program.
The program is highly competitive. In 2015, our acceptance yield was 9 percent. However, since students apply for specific projects, some projects are more competitive than others. It is recommended that students apply for those projects that specifically interest them and for which they have relevant academic preparation and/or research experience.Back to top
1. Complete the online application.
2. Submit a letter from your medical school dean or registrar stating that you are a first- or second-year student in good academic standing. The letter must specify if any courses are under remediation or pending remediation.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.Back to top
The 2016 Summer Fellowship Program application and project list will be available on December 14, 2015 at 9:00 am EST. All applications and supplemental application materials must be received by the application deadline January 11, 2016 at 5:00 pm EST.Back to top
Students may apply for up to two projects.Back to top
All applications and supplemental application materials must be received by the application deadline January 11, 2016 at 5:00 pm EST.Back to top
School transcripts and/or letters of recommendation are not required and will not be considered if submitted.Back to top
The program runs from June 13–August 5 or June 20–August 12, start and end dates included.
Applicants should consider final exam schedules, second- or third-year start dates, and any anticipated personal commitments during program dates before submitting an application. Uninterrupted participation is required.Back to top
Participants are required to complete the full eight weeks of the program onsite, start and end dates included. There are no exceptions. Students unable to adhere to these requirements should not apply.Back to top
Memorial Sloan Kettering does not provide housing to participants. A list of housing resources will be provided to accepted students. All housing and transportation expenses are the participant’s responsibility.
When will I find out if I’ve been accepted to the program?
All applicants will be notified of a decision via email by March 11, 2016. Decisions are granted on a rolling basis.Back to top
12. If I am accepted, how long will I have to confirm that I will participate in the fellowship program?
Accepted applicants must confirm their participation in the program within three business days of their acceptance notification or forfeit their spot in the program.Back to top
Applicants are not permitted to contact faculty sponsors during the application process. Applicants who do not abide by this policy will be disqualified from consideration.Back to top
If you have a question that has not been answered by the information provided on our website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top