Meet Urologic Surgeon Bernard Bochner


Urologic surgeon Bernard H. Bochner – who specializes in treating people with prostate, bladder, and kidney cancers – discusses the importance of a multidisciplinary team approach to delivering high-quality care.


Commenting is disabled for this blog post.

what kind of time frame do you usually have before surgery is necessary if the pathologist has determined that you have high grade TCC invasion of the muscle of the bladder and if one does nothing how long do you have before it is terminal?

Can you please explain the difference between Transurethral resection (TUR) and Fulguration of the bladder cancer tumor? What factors does the physician consider when deciding between the two different procedures?

Adrienne, to learn about Memorial Sloan-Kettering’s approach to treating bladder cancer, you can go to We are not able to answer questions about individual medical procedures on our blog, but if you would like to speak to someone about these procedures we recommend you contact the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Information Service at 800-4CANCER or Thank you for your comment.

we have a kid that was in a MVA. He sustained TBI, 23 fractures to his pelvis and his bladder neck was severed. He was 16 at the time of MVA. He is now 20 and is incontinence, post complex resonstruction of lower urinary tract w bladder nect recontruction and urethrovesical anastomosis and omental flap performed. Hit TBI left him like wit the retention of a 12 yr old and is suffereing from erectile dysfunction due to nerve damage. Would you recommend and be able your reconstruction his bladder neck to allow him some semblence of a normal life??? Please answer back, please.

I had a cystectomy at MSKCC in Jan 2015. Apparently my prescription for catheters has expired - at least that’s what 180 Medical says. Adding to this confusion is that I recently moved to CA & also just turned 65. I use Male CH14 GentleCath Glide catheters. 180 says I need a new prescription.? Thanks for any help/advice!

Dear Kristin, we’re sorry to hear you’re having this problem. We recommend that you call the office of your MSK doctor, if he or she is the one who gave you the original prescription. Thank you for your comment and best wishes to you.