As a premier comprehensive cancer center, Memorial Sloan Kettering is often approached by the media and other groups interested in finding out information and working with our staff. Each request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis by a media staff member in the Department of Public Affairs and when necessary with appropriate administrative, clinical, and research staff.
Our goal is to work with journalists to provide the public with information about cancer and the important work that is going on at Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Media staff members are always available to discuss and consider requests such as the following:
- Expert interviews and photographs for publication or broadcast
- Information about Memorial Sloan Kettering or its staff
- Participation in book projects , documentaries, or films
- Patient information, interviews, and photographs
- Participation in local events, including cancer awareness activities, community lectures, health fairs, and fund-raisers
- Promotion of our staff’s involvement in local events
- Participation in media outreach, commercials, or other related projects to ensure that our corporate identity is presented appropriately and other policies are followed
- Use of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s name or expert quotes in press releases
- Use of our property as a location for filming or photography
contact a media staff member.