The MSKCC/SKI research community has access to three HPC systems. These systems have distinct differences, which provide solutions to a unique set of computational requirements. Saba and Hal are in transition towards consolidation into the larger ‘Lilac’ cluster. Most users will operate on Lilac.
Lilac is an HPC cluster that is available to the MSKCC community. The system runs LSF queueing system, which supports a variety of job submission techniques.
Lilac Cluster Technical Specifications
- Total of: 2520 Intel Compute Cores, 102 GTX 1080 and 1080Ti NVIDIA GPUs
- 26 Supermicro SYS-7048GR-TR nodes, ls01..18, each with 4 GTX 1080 NVIDIA GPUs per node, and lp01-36
- 6 nodes, lg01..06, each with 4 GPUs per node (either GTX 1080 NVIDIA or Titan X)
- 36 nodes, lp01-lp36, with 32 GTX 1080Ti GPUs and 8 GTX 1080 GPUs
- Disks: sda/120GB, sdb/1TB drives.
- Dual power supplies
- Size: 4U
- Name: hal-7308
- Arista switches
- /data (compute) – 3840 terabytes of ‘raw’, 2.5PB useable storage
- /warm (non-compute) – 1.5PB useable storage
- 10 arrays
- 60 * 8TB or 10TB disks per array