The High Performance Computing (HPC) group and the Center for Molecular Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering pursue computational and systems biology research and bioinformatics resource development in support of cancer genomics research. The mission is to move the theoretical methods and genome-scale data resources of computational biology into everyday laboratory practice and use.
We currently have a need for a System Administrator to work as part of the team supporting the HPC resources used by MSK researchers. This includes monitoring system and network performance, configuration and support of HPC systems and applications, account administration, system optimization, and user support.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant experience or Master’s with 0-2 years of experience.
- Operating Systems: Linux (CentOS, SLES), Mac OS X
- Basic Systems Administration: Linux installation, maintenance, upgrade, backup, NFS, TCP/IP networking
- Experience with Linux/UNIX server and HPC cluster hardware setup and configuration, performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
- The ability to deploy new technologies
- Effective communication and documentation skills
- Experience with Job Queuing systems, ideally LSF, Torque/Moab, SunGrid Engine
- Experience with Puppet management
- Familiarity with GPU use and application
- Experience with LDAP, Nagios, Apache HTTPd, Tomcat, iptables, rsync, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, SGE or Postfix
- Experience with parallel and clustered file systems
- Experience scripting or programming in Python, Ruby or Java
- Familiarity with bioinformatics and computational biology
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services cloud computing platform