The invention provides an apparatus and a method for growing cells in a 2D cell cassette having a matrix for cell growth under varying pressures. This device could be used as an effective screening tool to perform simultaneous testing of various chemotherapeutic agents in multiple culture wells. It is also useful for growing tumor cells that typically grow under relatively high interstitial pressure. Traditional drug testing using standard cluster plates cannot duplicate this important physiological variable.
- Allows growth of tumor cells under different hydrostatic pressures
- Useful screening tool that simultaneously tests multiple chemotherapeutic agents in cells under varying pressures
- Incorporates the functionality of the standard 96 well cluster plate
- In vitro cell study completed
- Efforts underway to fabricate units and test functionality
Gene DiResta, PhD
U.S. patents issued: