Christine Mayr, MD, PhD
Research FocusMolecular biologist Christine Mayr studies how the noncoding parts of transcription units (3’UTRs) determine protein function and protein localization.
- MD, Free University Berlin
- PhD, Humboldt University Berlin
- Berkovits BD, Mayr C. Alternative 3’UTRs act as scaffolds to regulate membrane protein localization. Nature (2015). Epub 2015 Apr 20.
- Lianoglou S, Garg V, Yang JL, Leslie CS, Mayr C. Ubiquitously transcribed genes use alternative polyadenylation to achieve tissue-specific expression. Genes Dev, 2013. Published in Advance October 21, 2013, doi:10.1101/gad.229328.113
- Pershing Square Sohn Prize for Young Investigators in Cancer Research (2015)
- Damon Runyon-Rachleff Innovation Award, Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation (2012)
- Kimmel Scholar Award, Sidney Kimmel Foundation (2011)