My research group develops nanomaterials to target drugs to metastatic tumors and to detect cancer at early stages. We are an interdisciplinary laboratory that invents new technologies and applies them to address clinical and scientific problems.
Daniel A. Heller, PhD
Research FocusChemist Daniel Heller focuses on biomaterials and nanoscale engineering for molecular sensors and targeted therapeutics.
EducationPhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- RM Williams, J Shah, BD Ng, DR Minton, LJ Gudas, C Park, DA. Heller*: “Mesoscale Nanoparticles Selectively Target the Renal Proximal Tubule Epithelium.” Nano Letters 15 (2015) 2358-2364.
- J Budhathoki-Uprety, PV Jena, D Roxbury, DA Heller: “Helical Polycarbodiimide Cloaking of Carbon Nanotubes Enables Inter-Nanotube Exciton Energy Transfer Modulation.” Journal of the American Chemical Society 136 (2014) 15545-15550.
- NIH Director’s New Innovator Award (2012)
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (2010)
- Beckman Institute Graduate Fellowship (2006)