The Gynecology Research Laboratory is a disease-focused laboratory investigating the molecular biology of ovarian and uterine cancers for the purpose of improving prevention and control of these diseases. We are particularly interested in advancing opportunities for individualized and accurate therapy for women with gynecologic malignancies through integrated and functional genomic approaches. Our goal is to create new knowledge that will translate into clinical utility to improve the standard of care for ovarian and endometrial carcinoma. Our main areas of interest are novel biomarkers, precision medicine, and rare tumor research. We use various models systems and human tissues to study attractive biologic processes. The laboratory has a strong emphasis on translational research and believes that major breakthroughs are most likely to occur when basic scientists and clinicians collaborate to create new paradigms for cancer prevention and therapy.
- Verhaak RG, Tamayo P, Yang JY, Hubbard D, Zhang H, Creighton CJ, Fereday S, Lawrence M, Carter SL, Mermel CH, Kostic AD, Etemadmoghadam D, Saksena G, Cibulskis K, Duraisamy S, Levanon K, Sougnez C, Tsherniak A, Gomez S, Onofrio R, Gabriel S, Chin L, Zhang N, Spellman PT, Zhang Y, Akbani R, Hoadley KA, Kahn A, Köbel M, Huntsman D, Soslow RA, Defazio A, Birrer MJ, Gray JW, Weinstein JN, Bowtell DD, Drapkin R, Mesirov JP, Getz G, Levine DA, Meyerson M; Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network. Prognostically relevant gene signatures of high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma. J Clin Invest. 2013 Jan 2;123(1):517-25. doi: 10.1172/JCI65833. Epub 2012 Dec 21.
- Soslow RA, Wethington SL, Cesari M, Chiappetta D, Olvera N, Shia J, Levine DA. Clinicopathologic analysis of matched primary and recurrent endometrial carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012 Dec;36(12):1771-81. doi: 10.1097/PAS.0b013e318273591a.
- Co-Chair of TCGA Ovarian and Endometrial Working Groups, Foundation for Women's Cancer Excellence in Ovarian Cancer Research Prize (2013)
- Course Director, American Association for Cancer Research Special Conference on Ovarian Cancer Research (2103)
- Scientific Advisory Committee Member, Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (2010)