Our laboratory investigates innate and adaptive immune responses to infection by pathogenic organisms. We have established several model systems to characterize innate immunity and antigen specific T cell responses. We use the intracellular bacterium Listeria monocytogenes to investigate early defense against bacterial infection.
Eric G. Pamer, MD
Research FocusPhysician-scientist Eric Pamer studies T cell and innate inflammatory responses to bacterial and fungal infections.
- MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- van Heijst JW, Ceberio I, Lipuma LB, Samilo DW, Wasilewski GD, Gonzales AM, Nieves JL, van den Brink MR, Perales MA, Pamer EG. Quantitative assessment of T cell repertoire recovery after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Nat Med. 2013 Mar;19(3):372-7. doi: 10.1038/nm.3100. Epub 2013 Feb 24.
- Ubeda C, Bucci V, Caballero S, Djukovic A, Toussaint NC, Equinda M, Lipuma L, Ling L, Gobourne A, No D, Taur Y, Jenq RR, van den Brink MR, Xavier JB, Pamer EG. Intestinal microbiota containing Barnesiella species cures vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium colonization. Infect Immun. 2013 Mar;81(3):965-73. doi: 10.1128/IAI.01197-12. Epub 2013 Jan 14.
- Member, Association of American Physicians (2011)
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America (2010)
- Member, American Society for Clinical Investigation (1998)
- Pew Scholar in the Biomedical Sciences, Pew Charitable Trust (1994)