My primary research interests involve the molecular pathogenesis of brain tumors, particularly malignant gliomas. The efforts of my laboratory are currently directed toward both basic science and more clinically oriented translational investigations.
- Kannan K, Inagaki A, Silber J, Gorovets D, Zhang J, Kastenhuber ER, Heguy A, Petrini JH, Chan TA, Huse JT. Whole-exome sequencing identifies ATRX mutation as a key molecular determinant in lower-grade glioma. Oncotarget. 2012 Oct;3(10):1194-203.
- Silber J, Jacobsen A, Ozawa T, Harinath G, Pedraza A, Sander C, Holland EC, Huse JT. miR-34a repression in proneural malignant gliomas upregulates expression of its target PDGFRA and promotes tumorigenesis. PLoS One. 2012;7(3):e33844. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0033844. Epub 2012 Mar 27.
- Clinical Scientist Development Award, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (2012)
- Distinguished Scientist Award, Sontag Foundation (2012)
- Translational Science Award, Sidney Kimmel Foundation (2012)
- Weil Award for Best Paper in Experimental Neuropathology, American Association of Neuropathologists (2009)
- Predoctoral Fellow, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (1999-2001)