Research in the Goldberg laboratory is focused on a molecular description of the mechanisms of vesicle transport and compartmentation in eukaryotic cells. We use x-ray crystallography to determine protein atomic structures and biochemical analyses to elucidate mechanisms.
Current studies encompass three areas:
- Mechanisms for cargo packaging into transport vesicles
- Architecture of vesicle coats
- Vesicle trafficking processes in disease
Jonathan Goldberg, PhD
Research FocusStructural biologist Jonathan Goldberg focuses on structural and biochemical characterization of intracellular vesicle transport.
EducationPhD, Imperial College (London)
- Lee C, Goldberg J. Structure of coatomer cage proteins and the relationship among COPI, COPII, and clathrin vesicle coats. Cell. 2010 Jul 9;142(1):123-32. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2010.05.030. Epub 2010 Jun 24.
- Fath S, Mancias JD, Bi X, Goldberg J. Structure and organization of coat proteins in the COPII cage. Cell. 2007 Jun 29;129(7):1325-36.