The pervasive influence of the immune system on human health and disease underscores the importance of mechanistic understanding of immune regulation under pathophysiological conditions. Modern immunology is built on the foundation of clonal selection and pattern recognition theories that emphasize innate and adaptive immune recognition in controlling immune responses.
Ming Li, PhD
Research FocusImmunologist Ming Li studies mechanisms of immune regulation, and their relevance to diseases including cancer.
- PhD, Columbia University
- Sestrins Function as Guanine Nucleotide Dissociation Inhibitors for Rag GTPases to Control mTORC1 Signaling. Peng M, Yin N, Li MO. Cell.2014 Sep 25;159(1):122-33.
- The cellular and molecular origin of tumor-associated macrophages. Franklin RA, Liao W, Sarkar A, Kim MV, Bivona MR, Liu K, Pamer EG, Li MO. Science. 2014 May 23;344(6186):921-5.
- Scholar, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (2014)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator Award for Basic Research (2012)
- Scholar, American Cancer Society (2012)
- Scholar, Rita Allen Foundation (2008)
- Hulda Irene Duggan Arthritis Investigator (2007)