Our lab investigates the mechanistic basis and physiologic consequences of metastasis, the cause of nearly all deaths from solid tumors. We utilize the zebrafish for these studies due to its capacity for unbiased genetic and small molecule screens and remarkable imaging qualities. We are currently studying metastatic mechanisms in melanoma, and have begun work to develop models of pancreatic cancer in the zebrafish.
- White RM, Rose K, Zon LI. Zebrafish cancer: the state of the art and the path forward. Nature Reviews Cancer. 2013 Sep;13(9):624-36.
- White RM, Cech J, Ratanasirintrawoot S, Lin CY, Rahl PB, Burke CJ, Langdon E, Tomlinson ML, Mosher J, Kaufman C, Chen F, Long HK, Kramer M, Datta S, Neuberg D, Granter S, Young RA, Morrison S, Wheeler GN, Zon LI. DHODH modulates transcriptional elongation in the neural crest and melanoma. Nature. 2011 Mar 24;471(7339):518-22. doi: 10.1038/nature09882.
- Young Mentor Award, Melanoma Research Alliance (2012)
- Young Investigator Award, American Association for Cancer Research/American Society of Clinical Oncology (2012)
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching,The Derek Bok Center, Harvard University (2012)
- Young Mentor Award, Harvard Medical School (2009)
- Outstanding Educator Award, Yale School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine (2002)