My primary research interest involves ways to target the tumor microenvironment, particularly for sarcomas and gastroesophageal cancer. The efforts of my laboratory are directed toward translational research and clinical trials, and currently include three main projects.
- Kirsch DG, Dinulescu DM, Miller JB, Grimm J, Santiago PM, Young NP, Nielsen GP, Quade BJ, Chaber CJ, Schultz CP, Takeuchi O, Bronson RT, Crowley D, Korsmeyer SJ, Yoon SS, Hornicek FJ, Weissleder R, Jacks T. A spatially and temporally restricted mouse model of soft tissue sarcoma. Nat Med. 2007 Aug;13(8):992-7. Epub 2007 Aug 5.
- Yoon SS, Stangenberg L, Lee YJ, Rothrock C, Dreyfuss JM, Baek KH, Waterman PR, Nielsen GP, Weissleder R, Mahmood U, Park PJ, Jacks T, Dodd RD, Fisher CJ, Ryeom S, Kirsch DG. Efficacy of sunitinib and radiotherapy in genetically engineered mouse model of soft-tissue sarcoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009 Jul 15;74(4):1207-16. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2009.02.052.
- Clinical Investigator Award, Society for Surgical Oncology (2009-2011)
- Young Investigator Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology (2003-2004)
- Kristen Ann Carr Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2002-2003)