Department of Radiology
The Simone Krebs Lab
The primary focus of the Krebs Laboratory is the development and preclinical evaluation of theranostic (imaging and therapeutic) agents in conjunction with cellular engineering. Our bench-to-bedside research program includes chemistry, cellular biology, immunology, animal research, and clinical translation. We are developing a non-invasive, sensitive, and specific methodology to monitor genetically altered human immune cells after they have been transferred into patients to treat cancer. We are also investigating theranostic approaches that target markers on the tumor and in the tumor microenvironment, for instance for glioma and lymphoma.
Dacek MM, Veach DR, Cheal SM, Carter LM, McDevitt MR, Punzalan B, Burnes Vargas D, Kubik TZ, Monette S, Santich BH, Yang G, Ouerfelli O, Kesner AL, Cheung NV, Scheinberg DA‡, Larson SM‡ and Krebs S‡. Engineered Cells as a Test Platform for Radiohaptens in Pretargeted Imaging and Radioimmunotherapy Applications. ‡Contributed equally as senior authors; Bioconjug Chem. 2021 Apr 5. doi: 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.0c00595. Online ahead of print. PMID: 33819023 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33819023/
Krebs S, Veach DR, Carter LM, Grkovski M, Fornier M, Mauro MJ, Voss MH, Danila DC, Burnazi E, Null M, Staton K, Pressl C, Beattie BJ, Zanzonico P, Weber WA, Lyashchenko SK, Lewis JS, Larson SM, Dunphy MPS. First-in-Humans Trial of Dasatinib-Derivative Tracer for Tumor Kinase-Targeted PET. J Nucl Med. 2020 Nov;61(11):1580-1587. doi:10.2967/jnumed.119.234864. Epub 2020 Mar 13. PMID: 32169913 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32169913/
Krebs S, Pandit-Taskar N, Reidy D, Beattie BJ, Lyashchenko SK, Lewis JS, Bodei L, Weber WA, O’Donoghue JA. Biodistribution and radiation dose estimates for 68Ga-DOTA-JR11 in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2019 Mar;46(3):677-685. doi: 10.1007/s00259-018-4193-y. Epub 2018 Oct 29. PubMed PMID: 30374529; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6447060. EANM Springer Prize 2020 - EJNMMI Best Paper 2020 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30374529/
Krebs S, Ahad A, Carter LM, Eyquem J, Brand C, Bell M, Ponomarev V, Reiner T, Meares CF, Gottschalk S, Sadelain M, Larson SM, Weber WA. Antibody with Infinite Affinity for In Vivo Tracking of Genetically Engineered Lymphocytes. J Nucl Med. 2018 Dec;59(12):1894-1900. doi: 10.2967/jnumed.118.208041. Epub 2018 Jun 14. PubMed PMID: 29903928; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6278895. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29903928/
Krenciute G, Krebs S, Torres D, Wu MF, Liu H, Dotti G, Li XN, Lesniak MS, Balyasnikova IV, Gottschalk S. Characterization and Functional Analysis of scFv-based Chimeric Antigen Receptors to Redirect T Cells to IL13Rα2-positive Glioma. Mol Ther. 2016 Feb;24(2):354-363. doi: 10.1038/mt.2015.199. Epub 2015 Oct 30. PubMed PMID: 26514825; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4817815. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=26514825
Simone Krebs, MD
- I am a physician-scientist whose work is focused on the development of imaging and theranostic agents including in vivo tracking methods of adoptively transferred cells for cancer therapy.
- MD, Albert-Ludwigs-University, Freiburg, Germany
- [email protected]
- Email Address
- View physician profile
- Physician profile
- BSc, University of Vienna (2018)
- MSc, University of Applied Sciences - FH Campus Vienna (2022)
- MD, Weill Cornell Medicine College, (2015)
- BA Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University, (2007)
- BS in Pharmacology, MA in Molecular Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara
- BS Molecular Biotechnology (Hons), University of New South Wales (2021)
- BS Biomedicine, University of Brussels (ULB) (2020)
- NIH R37 (MERIT) Award (2021)
- SNMMI “One to watch”; Annual list of 30 early career professionals selected as “Ones to watch”, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) (2021)
- EANM Springer Prize 2020 - EJNMMI Best Paper 2020 for the manuscript entitled “Biodistribution and radiation dose estimates for 68Ga-DOTA-JR11 in patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors” (2020)
- NIH SPORE Lymphoma Career Enhancement Program Award (2020)
- Larry E. Kun, MD Award of Academic Excellence and Dedication to Cures (2018)
- Advanced Certificate in Clinical & Translational Investigation (Weill Cornell Graduate School) (2016)
- NIH K12 Paul Calabresi Career Development Award for Clinical Oncology (2016)
- Best Poster – Travel Grant for “First in-Human Trial of Dasatinib-Tracer PET Imaging: Preliminary Results in Cancer Patients” at the ACNM Annual Meeting and SNMMI Mid-Winter Meeting San Antonio, TX, January 22, 2015 (2015)
Lab News & Events
To learn more about available postdoctoral opportunities, please visit our Career Center
Get in Touch
Lab Head Email
Doctors and faculty members often work with pharmaceutical, device, biotechnology, and life sciences companies, and other organizations outside of MSK, to find safe and effective cancer treatments, to improve patient care, and to educate the health care community.
MSK requires doctors and faculty members to report (“disclose”) the relationships and financial interests they have with external entities. As a commitment to transparency with our community, we make that information available to the public.
Simone Krebs discloses the following relationships and financial interests:
No disclosures meeting criteria for time period
The information published here is for a specific annual disclosure period. There may be differences between information on this and other public sites as a result of different reporting periods and/or the various ways relationships and financial interests are categorized by organizations that publish such data.
This page and data include information for a specific MSK annual disclosure period (January 1, 2021 through disclosure submission in spring 2022). This data reflects interests that may or may not still exist. This data is updated annually.
Learn more about MSK’s COI policies here. For questions regarding MSK’s COI-related policies and procedures, email MSK’s Compliance Office at [email protected].