Our laboratory uses a combination of cryo-electron microscopy, x-ray crystallography, and functional approaches to study the mechanisms of eukaryotic ion channels involved in calcium sigaling and membrane-embedded enzymes.
Stephen B. Long, PhD
Research FocusStructural biologist Stephen Long studies the mechanisms of ion channels and enzymatic membrane proteins.
- BA, Physics, Amherst College, 1994
- PhD, Biochemistry, Duke University, 2001
- Postdoc, Rockefeller University, 2007
- Veronica K. Dickson, Leanne Pedi, Stephen B. Long. Structure and insights into the function of a Ca2+-activated Cl− channel. Nature. doi:10.1038/nature13913. Published online 22 October 2014. (Abstract | Atomic Coordinates)
- Melinda M. Diver and Stephen B. Long. Mutational Analysis of the Integral Membrane Methyltransferase ICMT Reveals Potential Substrate Binding Sites. J Biol Chem. 2014. Sep 19;289(38):26007-20. Epub 2014 Jul 24 (Abstract)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2016)
- Burroughs Wellcome Career Award in the Biomedical Sciences (2006-2014)