As a Senior Research Technician, you will perform research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science-based projects. You will normally receive detailed instructions while making observations, analyzing data and interpreting results according to laboratory procedures. The Senior Research Technician will provide support to all technical/research staff and postdocs.
- Able to work independently within a team-oriented, cooperative environment.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Perform daily work accurately and help troubleshoot assays to streamline and optimize standard operating procedures, as needed.
- Complete projects including and related to ChIPseq, ATACseq, DNA library preparation, sample quality control.
- Be involved in lab organization.
- Be involved in on-going research projects with peers and research personnel in the laboratory.
- Perform necessary analysis and calculations, records data and writes reports on research findings.
- Purchase equipment and materials for the laboratory.
- Assist Administrative Assistant in generation of purchase order information for supplies and equipment by gathering information for online purchase.
- Bachelor’s in Biology or closely related major with 3+ years related experience or Master’s with at least 1 year of related experience.
- Sound knowledge of molecular biology protocols and equipment.
- To be able to multitask and have strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.