Successful HOPP SSP applicants typically demonstrate strong academic achievement and leadership skills, interested in the biomedical sciences and translational cancer research. All applications must be submitted electronically.
Don’t forget to press “Submit” at the bottom of the page when your application is complete!
- Application Form Note: please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to fill out your application. Internet Explorer is not supported. Don’t forget to press “Submit” at the bottom of the page when your application is complete!
- Required Short Essay Responses
- Current Resume: A one-page resume highlighting your academic abilities and volunteer and/or professional scientific experience.
- Unofficial Transcripts: Transcript(s) from every high school attended.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two confidential recommendation letters.
Once you have entered your recommenders’ email addresses, the application portal will send them an email with instructions about how to upload their letters.
HOPP seeks high school students who are knowledgeable, self-motivated, and passionate about science to join the Summer Student Program’s next cohort. We encourage students from disadvantaged and underprivileged backgrounds to apply.
Additionally, students must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of at least the ninth grade by June 2021
- A genuine interest in science and laboratory research
- A 3.5 grade point average in science subjects
- Eight-week commitment to the program
- Submission of application materials by the deadlines (see brochure)
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be 14 or older by June 2021